Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Chimp Attack? AH!!

I was reading an article from Time Magazine about a 70-year-old lady, Sandra Herold, who had raised a chimp along with her family. This chimp was just another member of her family, but one day something snapped, and the chimp turned on a visitor that came to see Sandra. The animal latched onto the woman and basically tore her face apart. Sandra could not get the chimp off of her friend and eventually the police had to shoot it after the animal began to go after one of the policemen. The woman who was mauled is still in critical condition.
Personally, I do not think people in a city should have an exotic animal for a pet. I realize that some dogs can have "mood swings" and attack people as well, but a chimpanzee? Isn't that why they live in jungles? I think it is where they belong, and keeping one hostage in a house was just asking for trouble.

5 comments:

  1. WOW.....I totally do not think someone should be able to have a chimpanzee in there home. That is so scary...I wouldn't want to go to someones house if I kne they had one. They really do belong in the jungle. THat's so had to hear about the poor woman who was mauled by the chimpanzee!! I sure hope she recovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats craZy! wow i agree with you 100% they do need to keep animals like that in the wild that lady was askin for something like that to happen

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree. leave the chimps alone!!! i saw this thing on the news about this guy who raised a chimp who went crazy and tore off his face. then doctors had to make him a plastic nose and implant magnets where his nose used to be so he can snap it into place everyday. i would rather keep my own nose thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I agree with all of you that wild animals are called wild for a reason and should stay in the wild. I feel bad for the lady who was attacked! Can you imagine going to visit a friend and getting attacked by a monkey?? Wow! Poor women!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's the thing -- no. No chimps. Against the law, people complained before but nothing was done. No.
    Kay

    ReplyDelete