Wednesday, March 25, 2009

World Wide Currency

Today in my Econ class, our bell ringer was to read the article "China calls for new global currency" and respond to it. I thought it was very interesting and would make for a good blog. The article explained how, for mainly trading purposes, that there should be one global currency used, instead of try in convert all the different types. The four main ones used are the dollar, euro, yen, and British pound. China thinks it would be easier and more convenient to switch it and use one kind for everything. In theory, I think this sounds good, but in reality, I don't think it will happen. Too much change and conflict is involved in this along with too many countries. I think it would be more of a hassle than its worth. I realize the system we use now is maybe not the best, but it does work and that is what counts.

1 comment:

  1. i agree, it would be far too complicated to have everything change.

    ReplyDelete